Thursday, April 22, 2010

My Feelings on Yelp

I had never been on Yelp before and before this class had never actually heard of it. I signed up for it last night and since then have read a few reviews that have popped up on my homepage. They seem to be very useful. I'm not a huge restaurant person but if I'm ever looking for a good night out with my friends or a nice candlelight dinner with my girlfriend, it's good to know there's an easy-to-use website to go to find the best places.

I like that Yelp provides a variety of topics to view reviews about. Clearly restaurants would be the main thing I would use the website for, but it's make the site highly more valuable by providing reviews of other services. One of the things I really liked about the site was the profiles that are attached to every person's review. It was interesting to see where the people are from and what sorts of things they enjoy writing reviews about.

I wrote two reviews for this assignment about Bagel World and the Hangar Pub and Grill. Bagel World is one of my favorite fast food places back home and the Hangar is just without a doubt the best food I've ever eaten. I've never written a review about anything before, so I pretty much just wrote exactly how I feel about each place. I didn't sugar-coat anything and wrote the reviews citing exactly what I liked and disliked about each place. It was a different experience writing a review. It wasn't very difficult and it only took about five minutes and hopefully will be helpful for anyone who views them in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment