Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Following Twitter

Twitter is an interesting phenomenon to me. The more I looked at it over the course of the last week the more I began to think that people in today’s society don’t do anything other than update their Twitter accounts. Chad Ochocinco for example must ‘tweet’ at least 5-6 times a day. Many of these tweets are in regard to what he does every day. Other people like Doyle Brunson seem to use Twitter just to post jokes and funny things that seem to represent his personality.

I was most satisfied with people like Eminem and Snoop Dogg. Snoop especially seemed to use Twitter in a manner that I really enjoyed. I actually was able to download an entire mixtape that Snoop produced free of charge. Eminem did things similar to this before the new year. I’m a huge fan of artists who give away the stay the produce for free so seeing this on Twitter was refreshing.

I also enjoyed following Shaquille O’Neal and Larry Fitzgerald’s pages as well. Both of them would tweet about funny things that were happening in their lives that they felt were interesting. I really liked watching Shaq tweet about the updates throughout the Super Bowl. He was loving every minute of the Saints victory. Larry Fitzgerald seemed to be a fairly conservative person on Twitter and this was fine by me. He only posted things that he seemed to be really important, unlike say Chad Ochocinco.

News organizations were really helpful as well. I found breaking news stories as well as stories of importance in my life on Twitter and often times found myself following the links to read the stories. I was one of the most anti-Twitter people on the planet before opening an account, but since doing so my opinions has started to shift a little.

A little.

1 comment:

  1. Haha if only more musicians used Twitter like Snoop Dogg, I'd say it could give Facebook a run for its money in terms of popularity.

    ReplyDelete